Wednesday 28 September 2011

All the colours of the rainbow (except for the bright ones that don't look good on your legs)


I'm having mixed feelings about this season's colorful jeans trend. I feel like they’re super cute in concept but in real life I would look like either a pre-school teacher or a clown in training. Neither one is a good look. I figure the only way to incorporate them into my wardrobe will be to embrace the more neutral colors (just as long as they aren't near cousins of the usual blue or black).

Also, I would hate to invest in something bright and colorful only to read in a magazine that the trend is so out the next year. I've wasted many a dollar on fleeting trends (I'm thinking of a certain denim vest that I just had to have, despite the mockery of my friends. I was not a happy shopper when it turned out to only be "in" for about 5 minutes!).

Here are some more neutral ways to celebrate the colorful jeans trend:


Current/Elliot The Harvest Stiletto

These forest green jeans are perfect for fall. They would look equally cute with a pair of black heels or some tall brown boots. I would probably even throw on some Hunter rain boots with them. Although, come to think of it, there aren't many outfits I wouldn't do that with!

Diesel Livy Skinny Low-Rise Jean
The description for these jeans says that they're purple. To me they look like a royal blue. Luckily, either colour would look adorable with a laid-back plain tee-shirt and a pair of your favorite Toms slip-ons. 

Current/Elliot The Stiletto in Grey Leopard

Yay! I couldn't resist throwing in this pair! I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure these would be incredibly cute paired with a baggy black sweater and some silver hoops for a night out on the town. Again... I could be wrong. Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment